I have started this blog for Jeff and I to write on when we are traveling this summer...right now I will probably be the only one as I really have to get used to writing regularly.
So to start I have been working on our itinerary...we fly into Vienna (Wien) and out of Paris...what we see along the way is the fun of it! We have 2 things that are a must do!
1. Leif's Bachelor's Weekend (actually that is Jeff's event - boys only)
2. Leif and Celine's Wedding
Other than those two important things we are free to explore Europe...for me it is in search of history!
Today - we went looking at packs at MEC. I am trying to pack ultra light for this trip which means that I can only pack so much.
My tenitive list is the following:
- 4 pair of underware
- 4 pairs of socks
- 1 pair of capris (dark) (also some nice light ones at MEC)
- 4 shirts (light weight)
- 4 Tank tops
- 1 skort (I might ditch this)
- 1 pair of long pants (saw some nice ones at MEC)
- 1 Dress
- 1 Sweater/wrap
- 1 pair of black sandles (walkable)
- 1 pair of walking shoes (maybe Vans or my DC's)
- and my toiletries (all small and as light as possible) (I will include a list once it has been finalized)
So I did a test pack of one of my day-packs from MEC...didn't fit everything so I need something a little bigger than what I already have. My guesstimate is that it holds about 22-28L. So I would like to do 30L, but the MEC sales guy recommended a 40L or 50L...just in case. I really don't want it too big and bulky...as long as is is still light...oh I forgot to weigh it! Ah Crap! I was hoping to see if I could get it to be around 10lbs...but I don't have everything yet anyway.
I will get a picture of the 1st attempt in my smaller bag...once I have most of the equipment together in the next few weeks...as for Jeff well I am not sure what his plans are yet...
No comments:
Post a Comment