I hope this has been somewhat interesting for you...I know that it might be boring too...but anyhoo, I must continue...
So Today was the day I left Nuremberg and headed to Munich in a car, on my own, on roads that are written in German! So here is a pic of the car I am driving. It is an Opel Corsa. But I don't have the sporty 2 door version, the huge 4 door. Here I thought I was going to get a VW Golf (that would have been luxury), but I get the Opel which I have wanted to drive.
| Opel Corsa 4 door Hatchback - light blue - Urg! |
Had a Porsche drive past me in the fast lane at about 150-160 (at least)...thought people weren't moving fast enough...past tones of caravaners...what a pain they were! LOL
Mom - What are these? They look like grape vines growing up and they were all over the autobahn. Fields and fields of them...is this possible?
| Ok...so I am driving at like 120km/h - hope you can see it... |
So I get to the U6 to Mariaplatz then take the S(whatever) to get to Hopbahnhof, then the U1 to get to the hostel. This time is was easy as I had planned my trip before I left. YAY. Got to the hostel, luckily I could check in right away, got to my room, quasi unpacked as I will be changing rooms tomorrow to be with Jeff. I am excited to see him and see his pictures! Maybe I will see Leif before he heads back home to Strasbourg before the wedding.
So I decided I need to get to the Alte Pinakothek before it closes at 5pm...when I get there they don't close till 6pm, yay again! So I finish there and decided to head to Bayerisches Nationalmuseum but I got there at 5pm and they are apparently closed! I have it in my brochure as 6pm. Crap! and they are closed on Monday! WWWWAAAAAA!!!! Oh well, we head out on Tuesday to do the romantic road. That will be cool!
So I headed back to the hostel a little peeved, but non worse for wear. I decided to eat dinner at the hostel as they do hot dinners and all you can eat salad bar. We had breaded pork that was really good with potato wedged, salad, pudding and juices. it was really nice and only cost 6 euros. Good deal and free breakfast tomorrow.
So I am off to bed shortly.
Ern
Enjoy reading your blog, Erin. Say 'hello' to Jeffrey when you see him. Enjoy and keep up the good work and photos. Dad T.
ReplyDeleteLoves it! Keep it coming. I feel like I'm with you and Trez. I admire your organization. There's no way in hell I'd pull that off.
ReplyDeleteNew photo assignments:
#1: Erin interacting with local fauna at a historical landmark. I'll leave "interacting" and "fauna" open to interpretation. }-)
#2: Trez smooching with a local buxom lady in a pub or cafe. Lady must be single and willing participant in said smooch. Points for sketchy apparel.
And yes, the stone birds count but you get more points for the SUPER HIGH SECURITY public fountain. That's hilarous! And I think the car is cute but then I don't know shit about cars. Have a happy reunion with Jeff. :-)
*hugs!*