Well today we must leave our beloved Rothenburg and move on to Lure, France for the wedding. So we had to take the car and deliver it back to Kehl, Germany before 10am. So that ment we had to leave really early to get there in time. So Jeff had us get up at 6am and out of the hostel at 6:15am. Which would have been easy if we had slept at all last night. There was the craziest thunderstorm ever, and if you know me, I love them. Well this had the rain going so hard that you could not see the street or any lights, and the thunder/lightning was very intense!
So up we get and we are very pooped, so we are quite quiet in leaving. So we hit the road and Jeff confirms with me the correct city, but he had selected the wrong one, so instead of a 3.5 hr journey it was only 2.5hrs. Great this means we can stop for breakfast or a cool town, except that we were stuck on the A6 for 2 hours in a dead stop! Can you believe it? For construction that we didn't really see! We were an hour late dropping off the car!
So we were both in a Fantastic mood after that...we get to Kehl and drop the car off, get to the train station to get the 10min train to Strasbourg, but we had to wait 1.5hrs for it...needless to say we were a little grouchy and tired. No pictures here! LOL.
Once we catch the quickest train ever, we then try and figure out how to get the new car. Now Jeff was used to speaking in English first,, but in France Non, Non you cannot do that. So Jeff got yelled at as soon as we hit France...So we finally find the Eruopcar to get our new car, they were nice, but talked really fast so sometimes I had a hard time hearing them. But the bonus was that we got a Peugeot 206+ diesel (in french it is Gasoil) So I am excited about that. They even gave us free parking to look around. But we are still a little cranky because Jeff can't get on the free hotspots with the iPhone. It was acting up. So I decided to go to the bank machine to get some more cash and I get refused from my bank it says! WHAT! I have enough funds for this...it was Fine in Germany! What The Hell! So I go to a payphone looking to call Scotiabank to see what the hold is on my account...but the number doesn't work! WHAT! now we are really grouchy! I told Jeff forget about it, lets head to Lure and maybe we will have internet and I can call with Skype. So we leave Strasbourg and head to Lure.
What is really neat about this area is that it is the Alsace area that makes great wine. It is also very Germany in its look.
| Hard to see, but this looks like every German town we been through |
| This was a huge Vineyard! |
| Colmar's Statue of Liberty |
ttys,
Ern
so what happened at the bank? :-)
ReplyDeleteWhatta BLAST!
ReplyDeleteWhen are you going to slow down?
ARe you in any place long enough to skype with us?
Sounds like a wonderful adventure overall. Many memories to balance any frustrations. Love the blog. Want to hear about the wedding. Dad
ReplyDeleteI just CANNOT tell you how much fun I'm having following you two on the Europe Trip!! And Trez: he's just not having nearly enough pics taken. Remind me to show you the pics of my beanie baby Aardvark on the Catapult at Vindolanda (UK Roman Ruins!)!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see all the good historical stuph documentation you're nabbing!
er....don't drink too much?!?
TSiv