Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 8: Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber (day 2)

Guten Tag,

So this morning was nice, we slept in till about 8:30am, then went down for breakfast. We had our traditional fare for that morning. We then decided to head out and walk around to see the town. We wanted to see some of the churches and walk the wall. Which we did. It was a nice morning and we were out till about 11am, but then for some silly reason we did not charge the camera battery and had to go back to the hostel and charge it.

City Hall
The only tower you can go up...
The above picture is the tower that Jeff went up to get the panorama pictures that I am posting below...




and:




These are very cool, what cool city and I can't wait to go back. And next time I am getting a Night Watchman Nutcracker! BTW his tour is fantastic and a must see for all!


So we head back to the hostel to post some more blog and I decided to do a bit of reading. Once the batteries were all charged we decided to head out for some dinner. We had pizza from a real Italian living in Germany! Dave, you can so eat in Germany! I had the Pizza Primavera which was Ham, Salami and mushrooms.Then we headed out for the Night Watchmen Tour. I loved this tour, it was really neat and he was fantastic. In fact here is my picture of me and the Night Watchman.


We saw some really neat things on this tour, but I will save those stories for another time. Oh, OK...I will share one. There is a gasthaus on the tour that sits on foundations from 980, the house on top was built in 1550's, but it is the oldest house in Rothenburg. It is a gasthaus called Hell, so if you want you can go to Hell! LOL!

Hell Gasthaus
 Well as this was our last night in Rothenburg, I would be remiss if I didn't show you our hostel room.



Not too bad at all!
Gute Nacht,
Ern

1 comment:

  1. No not bored. Glad to see you haven't been stolen into human trafficking yet. ;-)

    (For everyone else: don't worry--that's an inside joke)

    ReplyDelete