Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 5: Munich (day 2)

Hey Everyone...and Memere!

Just got off the phone with Mom, Dad and Memere! What a nice surprise! I picked Jeff up at the Haupbahnhof at 19:45 this evening and brought him back to the hostel.

Well this morning, I got up around 8am (2am Ottawa time, LOL) and went for breakfast. Had my traditional bun with Nutella, muesli and peach ice tea. It sure will be nice to eat with someone and not by myself... So on the docket today was to get a hold of Jeff to see when he was coming in, I knew that I wanted to see some of the palaces with Jeff so I was waiting to have him text me back with arrival time. So in anticipation I bought a family day pass which you can have up to 5 adults on it...what a deal for 9 euro 40. So the text came in and Jeff said he wasn't going to arrive till 8am, well I was a little miffed, as I was hoping to see some of the sights with him. Oh well. It was just Trez and I this time.

So I headed to Marienplatz (the heart of Munich) to start my church viewings...So I saw St. Michael's Church, which was completely covered for construction! But they did this in Vienna too, is that there is a superimposed picture of the facade on the covering...but not quite the same thing.
 
St. Michael's Church
This was a nice church inside, it was decorated in the baroque style. I even went down to the crypt to see the 20 tombs. It was interesting as there was a lot of them and even some children ones. Kinda creepy but interesting for 2 euros.

So moving on I went trough Marienplatz to get tot he other churches I wanted to see. I sawA
St. Peter's and Theatinerkirche. I found that the churches were very ornate, which is nice to look at, but I found that the Gothic churches were more interesting. 


So I moved on after seeing a lot of tombs and churches Trez and I had to stop at my favorite place. He insisted too. Though it would have been a little better with some vodka?? I think Trez is quite happy with his drink don't ya think?




So I decide that I am going to need to see the Munich Royal Residence without Jeff, but when I got there, their 14 day Bavarian Castle Pass, so they said I could try the other palace outside Munich. So I decide to go out there. I had to take the U4, then the S1 then the 151 to get to this palace. But it was sure cool! The drive up to this palace is pretty amazing. The swans are very people "friendly"...in fact one of them was making noises in it throat when I wouldn't give him some bread...LOL. 


I have many pictures of this palace, but can't upload them all. There is one that I want to show you - but Mel I don't think this qualifies as #4. LOL


Ern and Trez at Schloss Nymphenburg
Well that was the day, I headed back to the Hostel to wait for Jeff. 


I will hopefully be able to add some more pics...


Hugs to everyone,
Ern

4 comments:

  1. How appropriate. Trez is such a 'nympho' anyway. LOL! Nope, doesn't count! The buxom lady can't be you. ;-)

    (He's been invited to Disneyland next with Aevia...) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you checking email online too? Which account?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel - I am checking all my gmail accounts. So please feel free to email. Please keep sending Photo ideas, some may have to be done at a later location...

    ReplyDelete